"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything" Tippin
Where I stand on the issues:
1. Christ - I am a Christian.
2. Marriage - I am married - The institution of marriage needs to be guarded and protected for what it is, between 1 man and 1 woman, the cornerstone of the human experience, it is the basis for everything man is today and will be tomorrow.
3. Family - I have a wonderful family, a beautiful wife, 3 handsome boys, a beautiful daughter, and a charming mother-in-law.
4. Tea Party Member since 20 January, 2009
5. U. S. Constitution
6. Government - small & efficient. I would like to see the elimination of many government institutions, or at least see them shrink significantly. The EPA, DOE, the IRS to start with and there are plenty more on my list. A leaner government serving the people to defend our constitution and the American way of life, our liberty, and our pursuit of happiness.
7. Abortion - Life begins at birth, it cannot begin at any other time. There are always exceptions to every rule. Rape, incest, & life of the mother are reasons (the secular world) to allow legal abortion.
8. Energy: Drill safely and cleanly for oil in the gulf, in ANWAR, and anywhere it happens to be within our national jurisdiction. Natural gas, hydroelectrical, solar, and wind where & when feasible. Always protect our environment
9. Term limits - 2. Yes, just 2 terms and yes that does include City Council. It is my belief that no matter how well intentioned people are, they tend to forget why they are there after a while. We need new ideas and we need servants that understand why they are there; to serve us, the "little people", the citizens.
10. Voter ID. Not only do I believe we can successfully institute a more stringent voting process (Picture ID) where we ensure only Americans vote in our "American" elections, but we can do so without disenfranchising legal American citizens. I'll help my neighbors, will you help yours?
11. Amnesty - absolutely not. Comprehensive, bipartisan immigration reform - yes.
12. Secure borders - Of course.
13. Support for Israel - Always.
14. Strong-prepared military
15. Taxes - only to the extent needed to run the small, lean, efficient government, otherise let the hard-working Americans spend their own money, we do a better job than governmnt does!
16. Education - reading, riting, rithmatic (3 Rs so to speak) come first, and by this I mean academics, everything else as money allows.
17. Welfare - reform it from the ground up, we do not need 48 million Americans on Welfare, we need jobs and hard workers.
18. Pay ceiling, not pay raises for congress.
19. Accountable servants at all levels of governments.
20. In God we trust!
21. "If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart; but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain."
22. "If you are young and not liberal, then you have wisdom beyond your years; but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain."
Mark E. Aubart Sr